KAP Chi Class journals

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAP Chi Class journals

Journals for the Chi pledge class.

Journal Entry 4/23/13

jasonhschechter
    jasonhschechter

Journal Entry 4/23/13 Empty Journal Entry 4/23/13

Post by jasonhschechter Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:13 am

Today I woke up feeling sicker than yesterday. At this point, I am considering taking a trip to the Ashe center to get a diagnosis and potentially some medication. Despite this, I dragged myself to my 11 am class and sat through a couple hours of lecture. Afterwards, I studied at my house for a while for my pledge test. I felt about 90% confident last night after studying, which was not enough for me. Thus, I studied for a couple hours today in order to make certain that I would pass the test and perfectly recite the fraternity motto and purpose. I am very glad that we are allowed to do it in unison, because it would be extremely nerve racking individually. Following this studying, I skated up to Bruin Café for an interview with Ms. Takakjian. She was my best friend’s roommate last year, so I looked forward to catching up with her. We talked about different types of law and she told me about her passion for criminal law. This prompted an extremely interesting discussion about the Boston bombers and how the justice system is playing a significant role in the events pertaining to it. Following this interview, I got dinner with my pledge brother Tyler, and we walked together over to Kerkhoff Patio were our pledge class was studying for the test. When we arrived we saw that our pledge bros were very knowledgeable about everything being tested on. This gave me great hope that we would pass the tests given to us. We had meeting which was much more formal than our meeting last week. We utilized Robert’s Rules in order to make the meeting function more smoothly. I think that I did very well on the quiz, and our pledge class perfectly recited the motto and purpose. I am proud of what we accomplished in terms of completing every task put before us. Following this meeting, I went straight to a fraternity event with my girlfriend’s sorority which was very fun. Unfortunately, I arrived home later than I thought, because of traffic on the bus. This is why this journal entry is late. I look forward to the professional event tomorrow.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 am